Are you a Repair Technician or an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer who can repair heavy duty machinery or trailers with MIG and TIG Welding experience? If you are we would like to hear from you!
If you also have experience working as a Bodyshop Fabricator in addition to the above then even better.
If you have experience carrying out repair work on rigid tipping trailers, including MIG and TIG experience, with excellent fault-finding skills, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for a dynamic individual who has the ability to carry repair work on rigid bodies, tipping gear, sheeting systems with some electrical and pneumatic experience too!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Repair Technician or an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer / Bodyshop Fabricator who has great fault-finding skills and an eye for detail.
Working as the Repair Technician / Engineer you will be a key contact for customers in the diagnosis of faults on rigid bodies which may lead to repair / warranty work.
As well as repairing rigid tipping trailer bodywork, the Repair Technician / Engineer may also be fault-finding and fixing electrical issues. The right candidate will have experience using hand tools such as grinders, metal and steel cutting equipment along with being an experienced MIG and TIG welder.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for us to review.
Your duties as a Repair Technician / Engineer include:
- Carrying out end-to-end process of repairs/warranty work:
- Helping management with timings required for customer quotations
- Completion of repair work outlined on relevant schedules to a high standard
- Maintaining regular contact with customers as work is being carried out
- Handover of completed jobs back to the customer
- Completion of all paperwork (job cards etc.)
- Taking repair/breakdown calls as required
- Fault diagnosis of multiple systems over the phone with customers or on-site during repair work
- Aiding management and office workers with accurately costing jobs for the customer
- Receipt and dispatch of vehicles
- Safe movement of vehicles around the yard
- Quality control within area of responsibility
- Championing and maintaining all company Health, safety and Quality policies
- Pre-delivery inspection of new products as required
- NVQ Level 3 in an engineering related discipline
- Experience undertaking heavy repair work is critical
- MIG + TIG welding is critical
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workload with multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
- Time management skills
- Self-starter with a pragmatic approach to customer service
- Confident in speaking with a wide range of customers across the country
- Dynamic, able to manage multiple work streams and provide accurate information to customers, management and office support functions
- Focus on achievement of objectives set
- Experience of truck and trailer repairs and fault diagnosis
- Strong team, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- IOSH and First Aid qualifications are desirable
- Forklift and fire warden certification